Fall is here and we are already off to a wonderful beginning of preschool. Hope you are getting accustomed to the classroom and feel your child is adjusting well. You may still have a few questions about what to do when you are working in the classroom. Use your Class Representative, a Board Member or myself to help you find answers. We want everyone to know that they are an important part of our school and your input is welcome.
By working together, we can make this a wonderful beginning to your child’s education. Your children are all a delight and they will teach us many things. They will help us remember how to play, to live in the present moment, and to make new discoveries. Let’s be models of the behavior we want them to have; cooperate, share, take turns, laugh, play and “use our words”.
I’m really looking forward to our year together and hope you think of your days spent in the classroom as a joy . . . a special time you get to spend watching your child grow and discover.
Best wishes to all,
Classroom Wish List
Each Month we will publish a list of needs for the classroom. Please feel free to provide the items listed here any time!!
- Packages of small paper plates (large bundle from Costco or smaller amounts.)
- Smooth River Rocks
Wiggleworms · October 11th 6:30pm
Bumblebees · October 19th 6:30pm
The topic for October will be language and communication. We will start our parent education meeting going over safety issues, including blood borne pathogens. We will also be discussing the “Inverse Power of Praise” from the first chapter of Nurture Shock; New Thinking About Children.
Parent education classes are a requirement of our Cooperative and are very important to attend. This time is a huge benefit and opportunity to connect as parents and discuss parenting issues without a child present.
Things to Remember
- Have your child use the restroom and wash his/her hands before coming to class. (Parents should do the same).
- Dress for the weather. We will go outside unless it is pouring.
- Keep your child home if they have had a fever, have vomited, or had diarrhea in the last 24 hours. I they are coughing with shortness of breath, and/or have thick, green “goobers”, please don’t send them to school.
- If your child will not be attending class, contact Teacher Sue at home (779-8362) before 8:30 am, or at the preschool (779-4104) before your class starts.
- Working parents must arrive 15 minutes early to help set up the classroom and remain after class until the classroom tasks (vacuuming, etc) have been completed.
- Tuition is due by the 1st of each month. Please put your tuition in the lock box, located in the plastic drawer marked “Tuition”. There is a $25.00 late penalty after the 10th of the month.
- Be on time picking your child up from class. There is a 5 minute grace period, after which you will be charged $2.00 for each minute you are late picking up your child.
October Field Trips
All classes will be taking their first field trips of the year to a Pumpkin Patch! The kids and adults always enjoy this wonderful fall adventure, where they learn about harvesting, and what fall brings us.
Each family must provide transportation on our field trips, and must have a guardian with them.
Snack parents, please package the snack for class in something portable, since snack time will be at the Pumpkin Patches!
Dates and locations
Due to the generous donation of Alex Markaryan’s Grandparents, Chris and Will Stewart, the Wiggleworm and Bumblebee classes will visit the Pheasant Field Farms Pumpkin Patch on Clear Creek Road for free. During the field trip the children will learn about the 100 year old farm, tour the pumpkin patch and go through the corn maze. They will be visiting the farm on the following dates and times:
Wiggleworms · October 13th at 10:00 am
Bumblebees · October 13th at 11:00 am
Make sure you and your preschooler dress appropriately for the field trips. Old shoes or boots are recommended!